Young people are strong, passionate and motivated. With the right inspiration, tools and guidance, they’re able to meet the challenges before them with confidence, enabling them to set and achieve their goals. MFSS provides YOUTH SERVICES in DOE Schools by presenting Botvin LifeSkills Training (LST).
LifeSkills is a research-validated substance abuse prevention program proven to reduce the risks of alcohol, tobacco, drug abuse, and violence by targeting the major social and psychological factors that promote the initiation of substance use and other risky behaviors. Since 2009, MFSS has been providing this evidence-based to youth in Maui DOE middle and high schools including, King Kekaulike High School,Maui High, Baldwin High, Iao Intermediate, and Lokelani Middle.
LifeSkills has been selected for the highest honors by more government agencies than any other prevention program, and is in the distinct position of being the top-research based prevention program in the country.
Botvin LifeSkills Training is Selected for Prevention Excellence by:
- Blueprints for Violence Prevention
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Office of National Drug Control Policy
- U.S Department of Education
- American Medical Association
- American Psychological Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- New York State Governor’s Award
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention
- Drug Strategies, Inc.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Coalition for Evidence-Based Policy
- CrimeSolutions, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs